Friday, December 5, 2014

The Art of Being Pregnant

Hey.

Ha, just kidding.  I have found no such art to being pregnant.  I kind of feel like I'm stumbling through, just trying to figure it out.

Being pregnant, maybe because it's our first, is incredibly surreal.  Everyone probably says that, but it's true.  I don't know that it's actually kicked in yet, but at the same time the fact that there is a baby inside me is at the forefront of my mind at all times.



I want to tell you about my experience, hopefully without reiterating what every other pregnant woman's blog says.  (I have been poring over them for months to glean all the knowledge I can.)

Without lingering and whining, I have to tell you about the aspects I don't care for at all:

First off, NOBODY prepared me for how exhausted I would be, especially during the first trimester.  It always made sense to me that as I progressed into the third trimester I would become more tired as my body went through bigger changes, but I was not prepared for coming home from work, changing into sweats as quickly as possible, destroying some dinner, and passing out on the couch for the rest of the evening... every night.  Maybe I should have considered myself warned because I've begun to notice that most of the pregnant bloggers I follow disappear for a couple months before they announce they're expecting.  Huh.

Other things about pregnancy are gross, and I refuse to go into detail because I want my husband to look at me in relatively the same way after I have this baby.  If you haven't been pregnant and are clueless like I was, there are plenty of other blogs that will tell you.  Search Pinterest.

Also, I've found myself craving lunchmeat sandwiches and all sorts of food I'm not allowed to have anymore.

Thankfully for me, when I stop to think about it the good parts far outnumber the rest.

Like the moment Jered looked and me, laughed and said, "We're having a baby!  We didn't even get to practice with a pet yet!"

Or how when I wasn't feeling the greatest (which only lasted a couple weeks) he put a glass of ice water on my nightstand before I woke up so I could guzzle it and be able to get up without feeling nauseated. 

How saint-like Jered has been when it comes to food and helping around the apartment.

Waiting anxiously for my pregnancy app to tell us our baby's progress for the next week.  In case you're wondering- baby Flink had a growth spurt this week and went from 3 inches to 4.5 inches long, which made me feel very relieved about the state of my waistbands.

Seeing baby's feet kick back and forth at our first ultrasound.




And a bunch of other things that I need to journal for myself.

Basically Jered has been amazing.  We've had our moments, mostly due to crazy pregnancy hormones, but he really has been so good to me, and I am so thankful for him.  I can't wait to see him hold our baby for the first time.  He is going to be such a great dad. 

K, no more mushy stuff.  That's all for now.

Talk to you later.

Aim

2 comments:

  1. Soooo Happy for you both! Keep well rested and take advantage of that helpful husband every chance you get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha the one thing I want is a turkey sandwich! Same thing with both pregnancies and it's torture not having them! Everyone's like... just heat it up. No. No. I do NOT want a hot turkey sandwich. I want a COLD turkey sandwich. When Selah was born, that's all I ordered while in the hospital. Tons of options and nicer meals but nope, all I wanted was a turkey sandwich with mayo and that continued for the next two weeks at home haha.

    ReplyDelete